The UCA Police Department would like to welcome everyone to the Fall 2014 Semester! Safety and security is the responsibility of everyone. We depend on each and every member of the university community to take an active role in maintaining our excellent quality of life on campus by following a few simple precautions.
- When you leave your apartment or your room, lock your door and windows.
- Do not leave personal items of value unattended.
- Pay attention to your surroundings; avoid distractions. Immediately report any suspicious activity to the UCA Police Department. When in doubt, call 9-1-1 for all emergencies or 501-450-3111 for non-emergency police services.
- Use the “buddy system” and look out for each other. Safety escorts are available to and from any campus location. To use this service, call 501-450-3111.
- Remember to lock your car and secure all valuables out of sight. If you have security devices for your vehicle, i.e. alarm or vehicle immobilizer, use them.
- To obtain police, fire, or medical emergency services, dial 9-1-1 from your cell phone and any campus phone, or activate any “Blue Light” Emergency Phone. Our 24-hour non-emergency phone number is 501-450-3111.
- We will be testing the UCAAlert System the first week of September. If you do not receive a text from UCAAlert during the test, we will provide you with instructions on how to sign up. UCAAlert will provide you with important information during emergencies, inclement weather closures, etc.
- The UCA Police Department is located at the intersection of W.J. Sowder & Marion Ross Avenue, between Estes Stadium and Christian Cafeteria. Our lobby is open 24/7.
- We take pride in delivering superior law enforcement services to the campus community and look forward to a successful and productive academic year!