CAMPUS SAFETY BULLETIN – *SUSPECT IN CUSTODY*
On the evening of Monday, April 13, UCA Police received multiple reports from students regarding a male in a green SUV driving up to pedestrians on campus and randomly asking them if they needed a ride. On one of these reported occasions the suspect solicited sexual favors for money. The vigilance of these concerned students resulted in the apprehension of a non-student who was charged with Driving While Intoxicated and Sexual Solicitation. We wanted to take this opportunity to encourage all of our students, faculty, and staff to always report any suspicious activity to us immediately. It is the “See Something, Say Something” mentality on our campus that helps to keep UCA a safe place to live, work, and learn.
Please take note of the following personal safety precautions:
- Do not accept rides from someone you do not know.
- If you notice anything suspicious, contact UCA Police immediately by dialing 9-1-1 or (501) 450-3111.
- Always carry a cell phone.
- Always be aware of your surroundings and of the activities of people around you.
- When traveling after dark, always walk with a friend or with a group.
- Park in well-lit areas.
- Follow your gut instincts. If your intuition tells you that you are at risk, leave the situation quickly. If you see someone suspicious in a parking lot, building or anywhere on campus, leave the area and call the UCA Police at (501) 450-3111 or call 911.
- If you feel unsafe walking on campus, contact the UCA Police Department and request a free safety escort.